Friday, May 21, 2010

Ska and Flowers!

I felt something a little different this morning, so I decided to listen to some ska. For those of you who aren't familiar with ska, it is a mixture of punk music and swing music. I hope you enjoy. Oh and "Skank" is a type of dance not something rude.

Mustard Plug - Skank by Numbers.



I went out this morning to take photos of my flowers for everyone in bloglandia to see. It's kind of overcast outside today so the photos aren't terribly bright.


flowerbed

This is my flowerbed. I dug up the old one, put down posts and filled it in with new soil this year to get rid of the weeds, oh and put down that black fabric weed barrier. No weeds so far! Yay. We have massive problems with creeping charlie here, and that stuff is so hard to get rid of.

Rose Peach

This is my first rose coming out. When the others bloom I'll take more pictures of them. I have 6 roses in my front lawn but 1 of them has died and I need to get off my butt and replace it but I can't find any interesting rose colors. If anyone has a suggestion on which color I should add let me know. So far I have Peach, Red, White, Yellow, and Pink in my front yard. I want something a little wild and crazy. I saw a purply-blue one at the store the other day that I liked but it didn't look very healthy.


Flowerpot 1

Flowerpot2

I actually have three of these multi-colored flowerpots full of gerber daisies and marigolds (I think they are marigolds), but the yellow one looked a little blah, so I have to prune it before I show it.

I've started a new mini quilt, which right now is just in the cutting up fabric stage so no pics yet. It's going to include 1930's prints and prairie points.

Enjoy your friday.

3 comments:

machen und tun said...

hi stephanie, i love the music you chose so far for your blog (although sony does not allow me to watch the first video here in germany - bah!)
i certainly will come back to check out more from you :-)
claudia

Stephanie said...

Thank you. It's good to hear that you like the music that I've picked. I know most quilters around me go for country music.... old stuff but I like a little bit of everything.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love ska - great song I hadn't heard before!